Sunday 26 September 2010

sick day


Having a cold all week but being too busy to wallow, I decided to take a morning off to finish some rabbits in comfort. However it is the most beautiful morning and I really must go and run about in it. We are off to lunch at Wadbister (of da famous 4 degree voe fame) with massed Shannons and Willses so better get my skates on This cold that I've had was brought all the way from Norway so have endeavoured to keep it from the general population - remembering the tales of whole island populations laid bye with the advent of airmail etc. not to mention long-buried plaits and scarlet fever, that I was regaled with when i first fetched up on these shores. I was listening to the week's History of the World in a Hundred Objects on the iplayer whilst rabbiting this morning, the one about the turquoise feathered serpent, the population being finished off by old world smallpox. I think we have forgotten how easy it is to spread viruses... this blog was actually supposed to finish with thoughts about preparing for Christmas but it seems to be finishing on a note of gloom if not doom! so think I will just stop there, I will now go forth and gather some of those rosebuds while I might, or rosehips anyway. ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment