Sunday 19 September 2010

Not Cross

I was thinking of calling this week's blog C.r.o.s.s. (constant rain over Shetland syndrome) but look! the sun is shining today, and how peaceful it seems after seven sodding days of rain and gails. Took this little film on friday morning; I'd planned to get to the Knowes, feed the stots and be back in time to take my loaves out of the oven. Of course, the blighters were right at the top of the dog-leg park, as far up and away as they could be. I was wearing the ancient but lovely Barbour we got from Natalie and, as a consequence, the stots just weren't sure it was really me. It took a fair bit of coaxing to get them to the other end of the park where I took this film. I love it when they start to run, it reminds me of a schools radio program of my childhood - 'How things began' -with a roving reporter speaking from prehistorical La Salutre, is that right? anyway, horses being stampeded over a precipice by stone age hunters. very exciting! Oh, and the bread was just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment