Friday 16 July 2010

soap


Good, another rainy day, so soap making commences.

Looking back at my notes kept on the endpapers of 'Handmade soap' by Tatyana Hill, I see that it is ten years since I started, but four years since I last made soap. (College 'creativity' was enough for me to cope with!)
Some of the comments are amusing in their desperation, the issue is always 'when will the damn thing trace! ' anything from 20 mins for mutton fat to a whole day for olive and sunflower oil.
This batch is made with lard (from when Lizzie and I cut up the pigsin spring) some olive oil, coconut oil, which is ten years old, and beeswax which I found at a motorway caff somewhere around Gretna. It looks promising......

1 comment:

  1. we have the fattest pig in the world to kill in the autumn(if she doesn`t have a heart attack first)
    perhaps you could do an evening class? pays well I hear

    ReplyDelete